Monday after school Kalia was complaining that her shoes were too tight. She mentioned she fell in Kindergarten gym class but after a few minutes of ice she was playing with the kids again. At home the shoes came off and the foot began to swell. Oh boy! Tuesday Kalia wore slippers to school and limped around all day. I spoke to her teacher and also the gym teacher. I felt unclear with Kalia's talent for drama how injured she truely was. No major pain when you touched her foot, but it hurt when she had to walk on it.
Wednesday Kalia, Gray and Mom went to get an x-ray at 8:45am. We finally took the foot photo at 9:30, then over to our family doc and by 11am it was decided her foot was broken and we needed to see a podiatrist. So off we went (without lunch because how was I to know we would be at the doctors office for 4 hours) and without an appointment I felt compelled to go directly to the office when they agreed to see us immediately. So finally at 1pm we pulled up to the house with Kalia her new boot, Gray and Mom.
Safe, tired, and hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment