PLEASE BYPASS, if you love me, but are uninterested in what is going through my head.
My brain is full of jumbled thoughts and ideas. In an attempt to allow my passions to escape and turn into something more, I will write.
I've always been attracted to what you might call the odd. Or rather, the diversity of things. This may explain my complete love of the planet earth. This planet is full of variety, biodiversity existing because they are in balance one with another. Some animals eat other animals, when the balance of this planet gets off kilter species have to adapt or they die. If a sun loving vegetation finds itself in a forest of tall sun blocking trees, the vegetation will expend all it's energy to fight for sun, to no avail, thus this vegetation is incapable of surviving in this particular forest.
In a time where a global community exists and we can literally relocate ourselves anywhere we choose I wonder if we to can find ourselves without the life sustaining elements we individually need to survive. I need diversity, and if I find myself stalled out surround by sameness I have to change something or I will (metaphorically speaking) die.
I recently watched a movie called Bill Cunningham New York, I was completely inspired. This documentary follows Bill's life as the author of the On the Street column in the New York Times. He takes photos of the clothes women wear on the streets of New York. He is passionate about this venture and has spent his entire life pursuing it. My dad once told me to find something I love to do, believe in, or otherwise am obsessed with and the money will follow. i.e. a career. When I talk to people about their employment I can sometimes see a sparkle that shows me that my dad was right, the ability to discover that passion is remarkable.
The path to this discovery is a necessary process which refines and creates a invaluable personal support system/growth period and creates a focal point where in we can thrive.
i.e college
.....more thoughts later
when I feel inspiration I will make a list
I would like to end the guilt of not wearing my hair down. I don't like hair around my face. I have let social standards influence my ideas of beauty. I am unwilling to spend the time and have thus not lived up to my hair potential. Today I say enough!, I am clean, and trying to get back to my natural hair color, and I choose the pony tail, not as a oops ran out of time today or too lazy to wash my hair, but as my own personal style choice. Hair scarfs too, because they are pretty.
I am inspired by people, I should read more biographies
3 comments:
ok, I have been thinking about your thoughts and I'm having a heck of a time deciphering the underlying issue, so I've made up my own. I think you're bored and need less monotony. I think you should serve others. Take Grady with you, they will love it!
like singing telegrams or something. It turns out I have a very small skill set.
I love your hair in a ponytail, despite how much time you have. I totally get you, and love reading your thoughts.
Post a Comment