7.30.2011

Wanderings

On the 4th of July I realized my schedule was empty for the rest of the month. I floated an idea by Sean, "What if the kids and I get in the car and drive for a few days?"
We left July 5th at 6 am

(This is not my first spontaneous holiday and apparently last time I called Sean from the hotel after Kalia and I took a plane ride to our new destination, Sean says his first question was "are we coming back?, I didn't realize spontaneous wandering was on the outskirts of normal travel behavior and have thus learned to discuss my movements before gassing up the car, or buying tickets.

So here is a photo journal of the roadtrip from TX to UT via Montrose CO.

TX is flat for hours and hours and hours...
A rise in the landscape, we have reached NM
CO is beautiful and the temp. is dropping to a cool 70 degrees :O)
MOAB!
Mountains an amazing sight! Unfortunately, on the other side of that Mt. is a road construction traffic jam.

No comments: