3.20.2011

Spring Break 2011 - Camping in TX III

Cooper Lake was a pit stop on the way back into town and turn out to be a highlight. The lake was so big it felt a little like the ocean. The kids ran to the water, the water calls to everyone in my family, it changes bad moods into good and tired achy feet into exuberant spirits ready to run, it radiates happiness from their faces and this joy comes exclusively from Sean and exhibits his love of life. I am so lucky!
I, of course, fell asleep on the beach. I laid there for maybe an hour and left with a farmers tan only my dad could fully appreciate. Among the many benefits of living in Hawaii is the freedom that naked kids on the beach enjoy. I am realizing that my kids memories will always begin with Hawaii and that we created a happy life there. Once you feel the aloha spirit it stays with you.
OK, so now the dog is in on the action, I'm all for animals in nature but seriously I think they are staring at a cockroach in the sand.
Do boys ever outgrow the joy of throwing rocks into the water? We participated in various activities throughout the weekend and I don't think anything matched throwing rocks for Gray.

2 comments:

John and Suzi said...

Wow - that was really fun to read and made me wish I could have gone with you!! I loved the story about grandpa and the fires - I LOVED playing in the fire with him! - although I don't know how he would feel about being called Grandfather :) It was nice to hear your thoughts on everything!

Rose West said...

Kalia and Grady are getting so big! I miss you guys a lot and think of you often <3