The term forms from the German words wandern (to hike) and lust (enjoy). Placing the two words together translates to "to enjoy hiking", although it is commonly described as an enjoyment of strolling or wandering. A more contemporary equivalent for the English wanderlust in the sense of "love of travel" would be Fernweh (literally "an ache for the distance").
11.07.2009
Halloween 2009
The Three Amigos
The idea for Halloween costumes came early this year. Grady and two friends Vivika and David who tend to be together more often than not decided to dress up as a group. Someone suggested the Three Amigos idea and a Spanish theme exploded. Thanks to Aunty Lina the costumes turned out great! After one craft night it was unanimously decided that Vicki would paint Grady's outfit. Ok, so actually I just pooped out. It took a few girls nights to get the details right, but the costumes really came together. I found a pink flamenco dress for Kalia and a thrift store ensemble for my self and Sean.
Halloween night was great, we had a small party at Annika's home and then we took to the streets for some trick o treating. We had a great holiday and are excited for next year! ( I now have a few costumistas in my corner to help with the details, thanks Lori and Vicki)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay, I am so jealous! You all look so cute and festive! I wish I were that creative. John and I never dress up because I can't ever think of anything for us to wear. You look GREAT!
Post a Comment